Friday, July 22, 2011

The Green Eggs Story

As promised in my last post I'll tell ya how I did recreate the green eggs from Dr Seuss's famous story "Green Eggs and Ham". This was many years ago when I was still in high school. In this one class we were cooking eggs, bacon and toast as a treat.As I was cooking the eggs, there was a good amount of spices that were green, like oregano, thyme,etc. I decided to get adventurous and add the spices to the eggs since I was making scrambled eggs (the attempted omelet turned into an epic fail so I said "meh. I'll turn them into scrambled eggs.") . The problem was I got carried away with the green spices so as the eggs were cooking, they turned green as a result of all of the spices . Everyone in the class were saying "look at this!". I was the only student who had completely green eggs with cheese . Everyone in class busted a gut , including the foods teacher who said "those eggs would be something that would be attractive to an alien!" . At least the eggs tasted good, despite them looking like a science lab project covered in cheese. I think I'm not done with the epic fails in recipes . I've since had a couple of other misadventures, but those stories are another day another time. I gotta get ready for work

No comments:

Post a Comment