Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The 3d glasses experiment

I decided randomly at some point just recently "hmm I want to watch and make videos in 3d." There were a couple of things wrong with this random course of action. First thing was I wasn't going to run out and spend about two grand on a 3dtv. I already got two decent lcd tvs in the house , being a resident of Broke-Ass Ville is also a reenforcing reason as to why to axe the trip to the good old electronics store ( important stuff like rent , food , and bills come first ) , and where the hell would I put a 3rd tv?? There are only so many decorating options you get with a 1 bedroom apartment. After a bit of thought , I decided to use the good old fashioned 3d approach that worked for our parents back in the day. I'm talking about the good old-fashioned red and blue 3d glasses. There was just one fatal flaw in the plan though. I did have a pair of those glasses at some point, but I can't remember if I tossed them, if the dog ate them ,or if i ate them. Just kidding . Now since I sometimes have these random thoughts sometimes at about 3 in the morning when most normal humans are sound asleep in their beds (I work late into the night) and most stores are closed at that point and a 24-hour Walmart doesn't exist here, it leaves me with the only other alternative: make my own glasses.  I'll describe the results of that the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment